Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Procedure to claim damages from Govt

A state run bus rams into the boundary of the house. Boundary and the gate reduced to ruins. Filed an fir , bus got removed and came to know that it was because of brake failure. Bus is still in the possession of police. When contacted the transport minister, he denied giving any monetary help saying that because of the fir,bus is in possession and he is into loss because of this. Had the fir not been lodged then he would have provided with the monetary help. Now the aggrieved party is in dilemma because they have to shed approx a lac to get it reconstructed inspite of the fact that they are not at fault even a bit. What to do??

Answers (2)

Aggrieved person file the claim petition before the court of motor accident claim tribunal under section 166 read with 144 motor vehicle act for claim of damages boundary wall or etc.
Thanks & Regards.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello Dear,
Very unfortunate mishappening-
As the FIR is already launched so there is nothing left from your counter part..
Just be prepare for the Court procedures and all..There only the absolute remedy lies...

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Sir, I had given money based on Registered Mortgage deed during 2006. Till date I have not received principal and interest. I filed a civil suit. Ther…

Read More

There is an illegal tea stall in huda plot which is in front of civil hospital Fatehabad. Can i file a civil case against him as he has opened an ille…

Read More

I made a rental lease agreement of 3 lakh (only bond not registered) on my wife's name fully paid to house owner by me through cheque... now we ar…

Read More

Our firm is a trading firm. And we supplied material to a party. From last 2 years we were not dealing with that party due to payment issue. When we a…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue