Owner lost original sale deed at time of registration what can be done

I made agreement for purchasing land, at registration time owner told they lost original sale deep, ec is clear, I given amount before registration. Now they are not returning amount, can I go head with fir, public notice, duplicate copy for registration. After registration, can anybody coming from mortgage, I will responsible or him. Please advise

Answers (1)

FIR mandatory. Owner suppose to provide for copy and to file copy document of the original. Also paper publication mandatory. If all this goes well then there is nothing to worry for further registration

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My father has sold his property without my consent, that property has came through release deed from my grandparents in 2001 and sold away to third pe…

Read More

I want to change my name. I live in Bulandshahr (UP). I have graduated from Panjab University in engineering. Do I have to change my name in all docum…

Read More

Please guide me with the procedure to change my surname from my ex husbands surname to my maiden surname.…

Read More

Daughter of my father died on December 2000 and my mother died on November 2003. My father has one son and two daughters. The said property is name of…

Read More