Owner lost original sale deed at time of registration what can be done

I made agreement for purchasing land, at registration time owner told they lost original sale deep, ec is clear, I given amount before registration. Now they are not returning amount, can I go head with fir, public notice, duplicate copy for registration. After registration, can anybody coming from mortgage, I will responsible or him. Please advise

FIR mandatory. Owner suppose to provide for copy and to file copy document of the original. Also paper publication mandatory. If all this goes well then there is nothing to worry for further registration

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow