quesMarriage not registered now wife harassing to file dowry case

My doubt is that I have already finished my marriage as per religion with everybody's consent (Family). But my wife and I, both are working and are at different locations. So we have stayed together for twenty five days together out of six months of our marriage. I have no registration certificate of my marriage. My wife is still living with her brothers. Suddenly from few days I have seen a change in her behavior. She has started giving threats to me and my family on legal grounds. She says one complain I will make for dowry and everyone of you will be in jail.. Also want to inform that my wife left me, because she could not adjust with environment and food habits and that's why she abandon me and put false cases, since she wanted me to settle in Ernakulam but I denied it. I do remember the date, time and train number, by which she went with her parents from Pune, but I don't have ticket information. So is it enough to deny her maintenance? Thanks in advance.

  • ansThe facts, as stated, are less than straight forward. Anyhow, admittedly, there is a marital discord. And you wish to avoid your status as the husband taking advantage of the lapse in registering the marriage.

    I am afraid that such an approach will not withstand legal scrutiny. The marriage has taken place in the customary manner and it has been consummated. If you are aggrieved that your wife has deserted you have the option for filing an RCR. if you have decided for divorce, then best option is mutually consented divorce.

    However, have a deep thought - marriage is a responsibility!

    Advocate P Venu

      Kottayam District, Vaikom

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Civil lawyers in India

Similar questions

I would like to explore the possibility of filing a case against the inability of…
My wife n I are .gov employees, married in Jan 2016. Now m asking her…
hello sir i have started a media website to publish my local area news on…
Hello sir/mam i want to know that if a same person can be the President…

Civil Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly