Living in housing society neighbor's pet creating nuisance

I am living in a housing society where one family has a pet dog which is a nuisance. They don't follow any rules for the pet animals. I doubt the dog has got vaccination. The dog defecates in the open area. Please guide what action can be taken against them.

Make an application regarding the said nuisance to your municipal authorities. If they don't respond then you can send them legal notice and if they still don't then approach Local court for nuisance cause by dog.

Consider making a written complaint to the society. The bye-laws of the society may have certain covenants regarding keeping animals as pets and steps which the owners may be required to take to ensure that no nuisance is caused on account of such pet animal(s).

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi