Legal action for denial of Drinking water

Hi, My parents are senior citizens, doing agriculture and staying in a village in western ghat. My father's elder brother had cut the DRINKING WATER & irrigation pipe lines connected to a natural lake saying that the LAND where pipes are put is in his name. He also told that if you allow me to make a road upon your land then only we give water. We gave complaint to Police and Tahsildar on 11-Jan-18 attaching the partition deed which clearly says that water should be shared after the partition as it was earlier. There is no alternative source for water. We and other our neighbors are depending upon this lake water since centuries and the pipe lines were put several decades ago. It is shown on village map as well. When we spoke to Tahsildar he said if you allow road to them they will give water! Till now he has not taken any action. My lawyer said as it is a Revenue matter we cant approach civil court directly. We are clueless now and not sure about the way forward. Pls guide me.

Answers (1)

128 votes

You can go direct to civil court for filing permanent or mandatory Injunction suit.. Go you need not go before tahashildar or any officials.. And get the order from civil court.. Then the tahashildar only help you.. All the best..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles