Leakage problem in house caused by other resident in building

i had purchase flat in navi mumbai Ulwe. Get possession in Dec 2017. Now i am facing leakage problem to my full room ceiling. Builder saying it is due to additional bathroom construction by 4th floor member. & that member is not doing anything for that leakage. What should i do now

Answers (2)

See the Agreement of Sale in respect of flat first, what is the structural guarantee given by the Builder and then also ask the person residing upstairs to make repairs. You need to send a legal notices to them for effective and swift action. In your case You can file a complaint before Consumer Grievance Forum asking for compensation and directions to Builder to make necessary repairs. For more clear advice the documents in respect of flat are required to be seen.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Querist, make a written complaint to Builder and if society is formed to society and the concerned member.
If still no action then make a complaint to wars office if your municipal corporation for unauthorsied construction with cc to all builder, members.

The member you would have to pay for your repairs amd rectify problem.

Rakesh V. Misar

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate Madhuri Bakshi
Sector 16, Faridabad
4 years Experience

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I need to send legal notice for money not returned…

Read More

My mother in law has given a major chunk her landed property to her youngest daughter keeping her elder three in dark. The youngest daughters husband …

Read More

Hi sir, I was in a relation until last week. During our relation time i have kissed my ex girlfriend ( she asked for it, and she did kiss me first). N…

Read More

How to claim my property as per register ed title deed. Defendant says he was not built boundary. Boundary was fixed illegal ly by defendant i cannot …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue