Jurisdiction if registered office and proprietor in different state

If a Business Firm Registered in Delhi but the Propriter lives in Hapur. Can he register an FIR in Hapur?

Answers (2)

Yes under CPC you can institute the case where the other party lives under section 26 and order 4 .file it in two copy. Pecuniary jurisdiction must be ascertain before any plaint filing. It will be help ful other wise transfering will take and kill your precious time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


FIR can be registered anywhere either in Hapur or in Delhi and also FIR can be filed where the cause of action takes place; i.e., any police station in whose jurisdiction the incident took place has the jurisdiction to lodge the said FIR.

Thanks and Regards

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

"As per recent order of honourable suprem court that education is not commodity,are not service providers, students are also not a consumer .(So …

Read More

Hi, I recently rented a zoomcar from Hyderabad for 13 hours. While we were driving the car the car engine was faulty and after a long argument i had t…

Read More

How to calculate fees for consequential relief of possession in jurisdiction of Delhi?…

Read More

A case have been filed against me in IPC 279, 304a, . But honourable court dispose the same , and free me from all charges. Now I got selected for a g…

Read More