Is Section 65 of Bombay Police Act civil or criminal

Section 65 of Bombay police act ..is it civil or criminal case

65. Power to enter places of public resort. (1) Every Police officer may, subject to the rules and orders
made by the State Government or by a person lawfully authorized, enter for any of the purposes
referred to in Sec. 64 without a warrant, and inspect any place of public resort which he has reason to
believe is used as drinking shop, or a shop for the sale of intoxicating drugs or a place of resort of
loose and disorderly characters.
(2) Power to search suspected persons in a street. When in a street or a place of public resort a
person has possession or apparent possession of any article which a Police officer in good faith
suspects to be stolen property, such Police officer may search for and examine the same and may
require an account thereof, and should the account given by the possessor be manifestly false or
suspicious, may detain such article and report the facts to a Magistrate who shall thereon proceed
according to Secs. 523 and 525 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (V of 1898), or other law
in force.
{ Criminal }

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur