Is Section 65 of Bombay Police Act civil or criminal

Section 65 of Bombay police act it civil or criminal case

Answers (1)

65. Power to enter places of public resort. (1) Every Police officer may, subject to the rules and orders
made by the State Government or by a person lawfully authorized, enter for any of the purposes
referred to in Sec. 64 without a warrant, and inspect any place of public resort which he has reason to
believe is used as drinking shop, or a shop for the sale of intoxicating drugs or a place of resort of
loose and disorderly characters.
(2) Power to search suspected persons in a street. When in a street or a place of public resort a
person has possession or apparent possession of any article which a Police officer in good faith
suspects to be stolen property, such Police officer may search for and examine the same and may
require an account thereof, and should the account given by the possessor be manifestly false or
suspicious, may detain such article and report the facts to a Magistrate who shall thereon proceed
according to Secs. 523 and 525 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (V of 1898), or other law
in force.
{ Criminal }

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

i am 47 year old man. 3 womens comes to my shop and start beating me. after that they go to police station to submit FIR . they tells the police that …

Read More

Hi, We need to get a legal heir certificate. The heirs include my mother, brother and I. The problem is that my brother lives abroad and cannot come t…

Read More

 I can't fight divorce case in Delhi , want transfer in meerut, can I help from free legal aid…

Read More

I sold my bike 2 months back but the buyer did not change the ownership till now. I want to log a complaint in RTO regarding this. Please suggest how …

Read More