Is it possible to ask refund for the days I have not stayed in hostel

I took admission in NIT Jamshedpur for MSc course ( academic year 2017-18) but within one month of the starting of the classes, I got an opportunity to get admitted into Hyderabad Central university ( the entrance exams & counseling process for both the institutes are different ). So, I left NIT Jamshedpur and after much request, they have refunded just the Caution money. I wish to get the refund of my - i) academic fee ( with some deduction, of course ) ; ii) my hostel security fee ; iii) my hostel fee ( after deduction as per my number of days of stay ) . Please suggest if it is legally possible, and if yes, what route should I take ? Thanks.

First of all you are the concerned principal. He sent legal notice to the Education Officer and Education Secretary. If your pension is not released even after this, file a case in the of consumer court.

It depends upon the rules framed by the Institute. Also, You may not have a right to get refund of academic fee except caution money, because you occupied a seat and thereafter vacant due to which the Institute has to make an exercis of new admission or probably they may not get.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi

Dear Citizen,
Your refund depends upon the conditions of the enrollment documents signed by you. You are contractually bound by them. As an attorney it would be difficult for us to advise without going through the terms and conditions. Try responding with the terms and condition.
Regards,