Continue to LawRato.com with Google


How to proceed with a trespass case at locked house

1) Is illegal entry on someones property is a cognizable offence & if yes, then FIR is it mandatory. If police refuse to lodge FIR then what action can be taken to lodge the same...?? (Case background - Currently staying at Mumbai & invested in a house at ahemdabad & kept it closed. Without our knowledge or consent the trustee their broke our lock of the house & locked our house with theirs lock which we got to know now on our visit there. According to the meeting with the trustee team they want to verify our documents as the trustee is changed now & due to which they have done this.) 2) The electricity at the house was also stolen by the building people for the building passage usage again without our knowledge & consent, what action can be taken...?? 3) Is our case strong enough to take a legal action ahead, if yes, then what can that be..?? (already submitted a written complaint as police refused to make an FIR).

Answers (3)

Yes, definitely, your case is more then enough to take appropriate remedy under the criminal law. For the said purpose you can file criminal complain under Section 441, 425 and 378, etc. If after filing of the complain if the police is ignoring to registered complain you can file writ petition under the constitution of India in the Hon'ble Gujarat High Court so that court can direct police authority to registered a FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

In property matter police dont have jurisdiction but for theft you can file police complaint if police deny to file F.I.R. send your application for police complaint to the same police station via R.P.A.D. and send c.c . to police commisioner and District collector. You can file civil suit for tresspass in your property.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

Above situation you go to the police commissioner as a same complain you have file in the police station. also file criminal complaint before the magistrate court again accused and involving parties. after criminal proceeding if the accused dose not leave the property and handed over to you, you should file civil suit in the court.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Sir, recently got selected for govt. Job in basis of written paper which requires no job experience, now I have to fill police attestation form where …

Read More

I have rented my flat in Ghaziabad to bachelor's for the last 1.5 years and have given in writing to builder that if they cause any nuisance, I ta…

Read More


Read More

I lended money(one lakh) to a person on 28-02-2015, he has written and signed on promisery note(signed on revenue stamp attached),Till today he extend…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue