How to pay money mentioned in the judgement to the respondent

Won the case in supreme court civil matter need to pay amount to petitioner with intrest , what is procedure to pay the amount, nothing such mentioned in Cc copy or judgment copy, can I pay at lower court in my state or directly to petitioner, will I get receipts or knowledge and what is time period to pay kindly let me know.

Answers (2)

293 votes

Please go to lower court and deposit the entire amount. Give a copy of deposit memo to other side. That's your duty. Later court will take care of the amount and it's withdrawal by defendant. Your case will be closed after that

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

73 votes

Dear sir,

I'm not clear with query if you have won the case then why you will pay the amount and moreover if it is not mentioned in the judgement copy. If you can throw some more light on the case then will be able to explain.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles