How to deal with incorrect credit card settlement

As per my agreement with their Collection Agent Deepak, It was agreed that I have to pay Rs 40,000 in "Cash" to settle my account in 2013, and the settlement letter will follow within a week after my payment. I learnt much later that I should have asked for the Settlement Letter prior to my Payment (Which I refer to this day). Since I do not have this much cash and was out of work, I got a loan from my mother to pay this amount. As it is a huge amount I decided to make online transfer from my ICICI bank to HDFC Bank account (Exhibit A - Payment Proof) where it is automatically debited. After which the Home Visit, Multiple calls/harassment stopped. I assumed every thing is closed and do not follow up on the Settlement Letter. After a while, I decided to get a call for the balance and all communications since then.. All of them Refused that I settled my account and continue billing me with Interest+Fees. Most of them are from their Call Center where they do not bothered to check my d

Answers (1)

Ur case is a case of papers&hence without perusing ur papers no definite opinion may be given .Engage local advocate & produce all papers.
Do you have any written communication or hard copy from bank

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

if anyone wants to make legal heir certificate which process is better court or talukdar succession certificate is required or legal heir.…

Read More

My cousin was in central jail in parappana aghrahara Bangalore,his name ashok and age 22years.he was support one couple which she was miner,but that c…

Read More

Mu uncle and aunty living on the upper floor of our bungalow the main issue is they are continuously harass us, there gutter is broken and all the dir…

Read More

Dear Sir, I am just an average General male, who just want to know how much more cost i have to pay for a crime which i have never done. Sir, in Harya…

Read More