How to avoid entering into house from a common passage

My land is surrounded by my neighbor's land from all side ,there is no way to reach at my plot. Before 20 years the land was purchased by my father, and my neighbor had purchased the plot at same time with same owner. That time owner had verbally decided to open a common way to enter for the both plot. My neighbor has already constructed house in their plot whereas i have not construction any building my at land. At a time a 06 feet gate being use by my neibour to enter in their flat and he said that it will be common area for both of us. Now I am planning to construct duplex at my plot which will be cost of Rs 30 Lac. I do not want to use common gate because of safety and security. Please tell me how can i claim my own passage to direct enter at plot instead of using common gate. Regards.

You have remedy under law of the land. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all facts and relevant papers /documents, discuss with him and act accordingly as per his advice. I hope you will get ways to solve the issue.

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow