how much amount can be claimed as penalty if petitioner forges docs

how much amount can be claimed from the petitioner as penalty, when the court decides the petitioner has filed the case with a forged document?? is it 10 times the value of the land??

If the case is in civil court, you will be entitled to compensation to an extent claimed by you.
if the case is in criminal court, the offender will go to jail. you will not get any compensation.
there is no formula for award for compensation for losses suffered by you because of forged document.

in this case you are no one to decide the penalty amount. As forgery is a crime so it is the duty of the state to start the prosecution upon the complaint. The judge is the one who will decide the quantum of punishment as well as the penalty.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur