FIR filed, do i have to wait for quashing in order to get passport

FIR registered against me by name under sections 302,120B,34 IPC in the year 2007. Police filed untraceable report in Punjab & Haryana High Court. I have a copy of the untraceable report by police. we have put the case for FIR quashing in Punjab & Haryana High court. Do i need to wait for FIR to be quashed by Punjab & Haryana High court for the passport to be issued to me ? If not, what is the procedure to get passport issued ?

Answers (3)

194 votes

Sorry to say Sir but you have to wait for the quashing proceedings to be completed. It is the best way for getting your passport issued. Quashing proceedings must be sort out before you file for your passport.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

249 votes

There is Gazzette notification of India GSR 570 (E). Find it passport portal. More an application before the court concerned for permission and then apply before passport authority with relevant parts of the gazette supported by the undertaking. Write back if you want to know more

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
330 votes

you can file the application in trial court for passport. trial court will reject it because ofthe FIR pending against you, and then you should file a writ under section 6 passport act in concerning High Court... for passport

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles