Complaint against person for defamation

A person has been telling people that I'm HIV positive alongside my Girlfriend which is not true. I confronted him about what he said and he still insists that we are both positive and kept on bullying us on whatsapp messages. Multiple witnesses were around when he shouted out that I'm HIV positive when i simply told him "you bring people that have HIV to your house and leave your girlfriend alone at home".. what is said was very much true and everyone knows it. I want to know how to file this defamation suit, I live in baroda, so which court should I file this suit because I can't afford a lawyer.

vadodara would be the jurisdiction and it can be filed in Chief metro court, vadodara.
you need to have advocate unless you yourself would pledge the matter
the contents of whatsapp may be defamatory as well as a criminal offence can be made out of it if the ditto words are examined as an material of the case.

With respect to your desire of filing a defamation suit, you need to firstly check which court has jurisdiction, wherein here I assume that since the cause of action has arisen in Baroda, you approach the City Civil Court there. That would be Nyay Mandir, District Court.

File a suit for defamation and you can plead as party in person and then claim reasonable compensation. You need to show how these slanderous comments have caused legal injury to you.

There is no specified format for calculating compensation but be reasonable in your demand.

Since you cannot afford the fees, I suggest you gain legal opinion from me and I will guide you with format and all the procedure aspects to file and proceed with your defamation suit. I would charge very less and you can fight the case on your own, viewing your financial constraint.

Regards,
Advocate K. K Trivedi

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow