College authority conducting search on hostel students whether legal

Is it legal for any college in india to conduct search on it's hostel students??

Yes the College Management through the Proctor or Warden has full authority to conduct search in hostel if for inquiry's purpose for any incident after forming proper committee and giving notice. The same search cannot be challenged.

Yess it is the college authority can do this as when you get admission in hostell you will have to sign on agreement on paper that u will follow the rules and procedure laid down by the administrative authority of college.
And more over that depends wheather you are in private or govt college.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur