Clarification regarding civil defamation case against my wife

I need to file civil defamation against my wife. Can anyone tell me the nominal court fee amount I need to pay against it. Please let me know the amount. My lawyer says 50000 rs with court fee and lawyer expenses. Also let me know where do I go and file a civil defamation...

You can file the defamation case in the courts having jurisdiction over your residence.
Court fees for defamation is dependent on amount claimed by you.
Generally it is 7000 for 10 lakhs demand.
Lawyer fees is additional to court fees and differs from lawyer to lawyer depending on his expertise.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur