Clarification regarding civil defamation case against my wife

I need to file civil defamation against my wife. Can anyone tell me the nominal court fee amount I need to pay against it. Please let me know the amount. My lawyer says 50000 rs with court fee and lawyer expenses. Also let me know where do I go and file a civil defamation...

Answers (1)

52 votes

You can file the defamation case in the courts having jurisdiction over your residence.
Court fees for defamation is dependent on amount claimed by you.
Generally it is 7000 for 10 lakhs demand.
Lawyer fees is additional to court fees and differs from lawyer to lawyer depending on his expertise.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles