Clarification on procedure to get mutation done by buyer of land

Hello Sir. One of my friend purchase the R zone Land of 1R from "A "person and his partner through sale deed in 2014 that A person purchase it from Y person through sale deed in 2012 . No my friend wants to do mutation entry on his name but he could not do it as there is clause of 84CC in 7/12 . Also person A from whom he purchased the land name also not available on 7/12 because of this clause. So Talthi said he need to fisrt enroll the name of person A on 7/12 after that Your (my friend) name has to be get it on 7/12. currently on 7/12 Y person name is shown into the system what will be do in this case

Answers (2)

112 votes

U mast hai submit all the sale deeds right from Y till last sale deed in ur name showing complete chain from y upto u and on being satisfied with the legality of each sale, mutation entries on the basis of each sale deed and deletion of each subsequent sellers name, entries in ur name would b taken in 7/12 extract. In one single stroke u can complete this process to get ur name finally mutated, if all the transactions are found to b legal and valid

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

308 votes

You can do the following:
1. Try to obtain the contact and address details of 'A' person and request him to come and make the entry in talathi's records;
2. If 'A' person doesn't come ask the talathi to issue notice to the 'A' person. Also make sure that the sale deed that was executed between 'A' and 'Y' was stamped and registered;
3. Make sure that 'A' person had a perfect title to the land?
4. Inquire who was the owner of the land before 'Y' person;
5. Also I would want to know whether the agreement entered by 'A' and your friend is stamped and registered?
6. Please explain clause 84CC?

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles