×

Clarification on eligibility to apply for college in OBC category

sir i have obc ncl certificate of rajasthan in hindi and english language and my caste is jangir brahman or khaati so sir now i want to apply for a college in madhya pradesh where obc list says vishwakarma and suthar in it.....so sir is i am eligible for the seat of obc???

There is a list in each and every state with the OBC certificate issuing bodies that how many castes and clans are included in their OBC category you have to take that list and match your caste from that only. If even though they will not consider your request then you have to file an writ petition in that concerning states High Court.

No you are not. Once reservation is state wise. Thus you will be treated as general category in madhya Pradesh. However you can apply for a caste certificate which is prevailing in central government.

Advocate Preeti Joshi
Shaniwar Peth, Pune