Clarification on compensation for land acquisition by government

I am loosing my land in land Aquesation for NH375, my land cost is Rs 3000/System and it is Converted for plots but the Government officials saying that you will get only agricultural land rate compensation, how can I get equal compensation please advise me

Answers (2)

237 votes


If the plot is already requisitioned and subsequently the same is under acquisition, the last nature of land is to be taken as rate of plot for compensation. But it was necessary when the plot is taken in acquisition, as it is the determining factor for calculation of compensation.

However government is bound to compensate the loss in actual. If you are not satisfied with the rate you may contact me for agitate the same in proper manner, which in most cases succeeds.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

334 votes

You apply for a printed query from the land registry office concerned, the query provides the present market value, thereafter annexing that document write to the Special Land Acquisition Officer concerned and the NHAI authorities concerned and pray for fair compensation. Even then, if your grievance is not met, move a writ petition to the High Court annexing all the documents aforesaid, you will surely get the relief. All the best. Regards

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We bought a land in Sriperumbatthur at 1981. After some days (may be after 1995), we came to know that the land was provided to Hundai manufacturing p…

Read More

183(1)...overspeed first offence (70km/hr)... Rs 400 fine... Paid but police says license will be suspended for 3 months on top of it right?…

Read More

Government officials misused powers to grab money and demolished structure. Case filed against state and individual officers involved. state did not r…

Read More

Dear sir,my father took blank land lease on ten years agreement in 1945.they are paid rent yearly father is expired in 1987 respondent noti…

Read More