×

quesClarification of Ex parte decision

if wife refused to take the letter for petition of 9 H M A from the postman. Will the court send it again or she will be considered as ex parte?

• ansHello,

If wife refuses to take the letter sent from the family court,the notice is deemed to be served. This has to be endorsed by the postman on the notice and the report when received by the family court will consider the notice as it is served and the wife will be set ex-parte. The husband will then be told to file ex-parte evidence.

Advocate B. Srikiran

Malkajgiri, Hyderabad

• ansHi
    If the court notice has been returned as refused, then the court has the following options
    1) Either to order for substituted Service through paper publication or
    2) can also proceed to resend again through the court having jurisdiction where your wife resides OR
    3) Can decide exparte

Advocate Rajagopalan