Can person belonging to BC-C avail benefits under SC-ST Atrocities Act

A person belonging to BC-C (SC converted to Christian) can avail benefit's under SC-ST Atrocities Act.?Let us know the procedure to be followed by Police Men when a case is filed under SC-ST Atrocities Act.?Is it bailable offense.? What should be done when complaint filled is not registered by Police Men(accused is influencing them with money).?

Answers (3)

86 votes

As per this query you are belonging to BC-C but you're converted into Cristian, but you have not stated when you converted into Cristian, on what process your conversation is to be made, if your explain the same whether you have avail atracity benefits or not I can say.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

115 votes

see as per the new amended act for prevention of atrocities against sc and st they sdpo only can investigate the matter as where as to the taking benefits under BC -c is a advantage to you during the course of trial so try to get collect all the information in paper and keep it under rap for getting admission during the course of trial

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
217 votes

Any case under sc-st atrocities act is a non bailable.
A SC converted to christianity CANNOT avail the benefits of SC-ST Act
you should file a complaint in the court under section 156(3) read with section 190 of Code of Criminal Procedure to a judicial Magistrate/ Metropolitan Magistrate praying that directions be issued to police to register the FIR., investigate the case, file charge-sheet or report.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles