Can daughter have a share in ancestral property if father died in 1956

if father died before 1956 for example 1943 still daughter can claim share or not in ancestral property. my paternal great grand father died in 1943. grand father died in 2000.grand father has only one son.sgrand father died in 2000. sisters of my grand father died in 2008. now sons/daughters of sisters of my grandfather asking for share

Answers (1)

162 votes

sons and daughters of sisters of grand father cannot claim partition now as ideally as their parents ( aunts) should have claimed for partition upon the demise of their father( great grand father). also if your aunts have not asked for partition during their life time, their children cannot claim now.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles