Can a disabled person be appointed even if he has scored less marks

Sir/ Maam, I am a doctor with MD degree. There was an interview with exam held for the post of Senior resident doctor in a central institute. It was an unreserved seat for which seven candidates had appeared. I was the top scorer as revealed by the results later. The results were initially delayed due to administrative reasons and finally a PWD ( person with disability) candidate who had scored much less has been allotted the seat.Is it legal for the institute to do so.

Answers (2)

It is illegal. Because you stated that the seat was an unreserved seat. Under that they won't allot to PWD candidate. You can file a writ petition either in concern High court or Supreme court. Surely you will get remedy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

No they can not do like that. Only they have a reservation. In your case they should select candidate only on merits. Since you secure more marks than the other person whether he is normal or disable, you only have the right to secure the seat. Hence approach the High court for remedy by filing a writ petition.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am studying in an international school 'Vigyor High' in Bangalore. i feel what they do to us in class is unruly. The school has now put up c…

Read More

Sir, I was studying in sinhgarh college of engineering of Solapur. I had taken admission to direct second year for mechanical engineering branch. I le…

Read More

My caste is Buddhist n I was unaware of the D Babsaheb Ambedkar scheme.I have done intercaste marriage n it is been more than 3 yrs for my…

Read More

Respected concern I want to seek information regarding category of chaudharies of Himachal Pradesh hamirpur sujanpur area.Even if they are obc whether…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue