Advice in case of dispute over common passage for exit

07-Apr-2023 (In Civil Law)
Religion - Hindu I have a common entry/exit passage with another building. Now, people living in that building scatter sewage and domestic waste on that passage and make it dirty, can the owner of that building bound me to walk through that dirty passage?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
1000 votes
The referred common passage belongs to whom? If you are either sole owner or joint owner of the said passage you can proceed for legal action against the concerned person (s). However, if Ownership is not with you, you can only refer the matter to municipal/Panchayat authority as causing public health hazards is an offence on the part of the concerned person.please take up the issue at that level.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."