Visitation denied despite visitation rights being granted by the court

Not able to see my sons though I m not seperated by law.Sons r not brought despite orders from the judge.

Answers (2)

116 votes

If you obtained visitation rights and if he/she deliberately disobey the order of the court, then file a contempt petition in the same court having jurisdiction over the matter. If the court does not have jurisdiction to entertain the contempt, then file a petition citing change of circumstance and claim permanent rights with modified prayer thereby bring them within the control of law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

272 votes

Then file a memo or petition before concerned court for taking necessary action like contempt, civil arrest, so that your wife shall allow you to see your child at common place for some time. But you should miss use the court order

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles