How can I get custody of my one year old child?

In Child Custody Law

Me and my wife is leaving separately. My 1year baby is leaving with my wife. I am going to take divorce with my wife but I want my baby custody. My wife is only B.A, her family is not financially strong and not able to take full responsibility of my baby. Please suggest me How can I take custody?

Answers (2)

205 votes

You will have to file a case for child custody in the concerned court of the place in whose jurisdiction your residence is located or your wife's residence. You can prepare your ground which are favourig you for the child's betterment and custody but try to focus on solid grounds as the child is very small and young and most of the times where the child is toddler the court favours the mother.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

287 votes

Dear Sir,
As per law custody of a minor who has not completed the age of five years shall ordinarily be with the mother.
However we can move an interim application of custody as the court see the welfare of the child inorder to secure the paramount interest of the child. You are required to give cogent reasons that are indicative of and presage the likelihood of the welfare and interest of the child being undermined or jeopardized if the custody is retained by the mother.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles