How can a mother claim child custody

30-Apr-2023 (In Child Custody Law)
I'm 23 years. I was married 18 months back. I've a 8months old baby.i want to have child custody of my baby. My MIL is not allowing to take care of my baby. My husband is not talking to me since 4 months,living in a same house but in different rooms. My MIL is influencing my husband a lot that I should not visit my parents and I should not talk to them ND all
Answers (2)

Answer #1
979 votes
Hi man, Mother is regarded as First and foremost natural guardian.
Hence If you intend to seek custody if your baby, you are very much legally entitled for the same compared to the others..
However you should serve a legal notice first and if they doesn't respond then file a petition for child custody in court...
Balachander Reddy, B.Com, LL.B,LL.M (IPR)
Answer #2
705 votes
By Law and it’s directives gives you all rights in terms of child custody, however in your case you and the child including your husband live in the same house for which we need to understand if you are looking for saperation?

If so, we need to understand your case a little more in detail

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."