Can I get child custody and maintenance without giving divorce

Dear Lawrato, is it possible to get custody of 1 yr child to mother and maintainence of the same without getting Divorce from husband for the sake and brievity of children ,where husband and wife both are not in financial position to give adequate malnutrition to the children, if there any kindly suggest

Answers (1)

238 votes

Dear Ma'am,

Yes, the custody of one year child should go to mother only. at the same time, she can claim maintenance under section 125 of criminal procedure code or domestic violence act from the husband.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles