After second marriage child's name will be changed or not from first?

hi wanted to ask if child custody with mother & mother will remarriage with other person then what will be the child name

Answers (2)

no there is no such provision in law its completely your and that child's wish and will. if you want to change you can apply for gazette and change the name. if you do not wish to change the same then there is no bar, restriction or nothing wrong.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear client if u got permanent custody of child and u get remarried then yr new husband have to adopt the child. Once adoption done then u can change name of child to yr new husband's name. But first u have to get permanent custody for same. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My sister has been married for 7yrs. She is a gynecologist by profession. She has 2 daughters and always had a mentally abusive marriage. Her inlaws a…

Read More

my wife has left me with my kid of 2 year. i want the custody of my child. how can i proceed in it? please guide me. and we are married for 3 years…

Read More

The Indian family laws need to be amended. Wife with jealousy nature escapes with children to her parents and later files for maintenance. She does no…

Read More

Hi! My self Dr Anwesh...need ur valuable advice in child elder brother having 4yr boy from a lady , documentaly they r not married ,broth…

Read More