What to do if cheque has bounced which I gave to bank ?

Hi, I have taken loan in private company by providing cheque to avail the loan. Due to personal reason I couldn't pay the loan installment for 2 months.. The company has submitted the cheque and due to insufficient balance in my account the cheque is bounced...Today I received email by the team saying that..they are filling affidavit ...the cheuq memo I received from the company is on 25th jan 2018..Please advise how to proceed further and the date and the amount is written by the company where I provided crossed cheque.. please advise me how to goforward.

Answers (3)

If they have informed you about the presentation of cheque and Whether cheque is dishonoured was issued to them at the time of availing loan and if that was a blank cheque given then u should issue a notice informing about your intentions and all

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

They will send notice and with lawyer you have to give reply otherwise you have to make alternative payment to bank and get it bounced cheque return and you contact me I can tell what we can do further

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

The first step would be to respond to their notice and bring all the pertinent facts on record, so that the court can be made aware of all information that has been exchanged.
Furthermore, in the event that they do not agree with the reasons you mention in your response to their notice/email they will initiate proceedings to recover the money from your assets. At that time, you will need to prove that the inability to pay was beyond your control and unavoidable.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

The person convicted in cheque bounce and if he prisoned for 3 month and still he is not paying money to complainant then how money will recover from …

Read More

Sir I had received a cheque of Rs 10000 that had bounced due to the insufficiency of funds. The drawer of the cheque is not giving the money despite a…

Read More

Cheques given to me against an amount to be returned have bounced 5 days ago. I gave someone Rs. 3 Lacs by cheque a few months ago for a business prop…

Read More

Hi I have given 75000 to a friend of mine, he gave sale letter, rc and other documents of car on wife's name .... Now his cheque bounce, and he sa…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue