Summon received for a cheque bounce case

I issued cheque to one of my clients in 2014. and received summon from Court in Patiala on 16 March 2016. What should be my next step.

In case of a cheque bounce case the, the payee has to issue a legal notice first. The demand notice must be sent within 30 days from the date cheque issued has bounced. There is no prescribed format for this notice. Its purpose is to demand payment and inform the issuer that he or she will be prosecuted if payment is not made within 15 day. If the payment is not made within such prescribed time then the payee has to file a complaint within 30 days from the expiry of 15 days notice.
In case where you have received summons from the court, first thing you need to do is to make yourself present in the court on such date.