Procedure to recover amount if cheque was stopped by the issuer

I had given my friend 2 lakh rupees and in turn he had given me a blank cheque as security. Now he is not taking calls so I deposited cheque in bank. But returned stating that the cheque is stopped by issuer. What can I do to recover my money? The issuer says bank can analyse cheque and the sign ink and amount filling ink age will be different so he will file forgery case against me. Wht can be done

Answers (2)

153 votes

You can file criminal complaint under section 138 No Act against him as well a civil suit for recovery to recover the money. Both remedies are avaiable . No need to fear from bank action .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

345 votes

First there is not matter if anyone give cheque to you as a security and there after he stopped the said cheque. His liability started when he gave you that cheque and no matter he was filed a forgery case against you. You can file a case of 138 against him

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles