Precaution for a fake cheque bounce case

A few people forced me to sign a blank cheque by force. They have filled the amount of 10 lakhs and i dont have this much of balance in my account. the cheque has not been presented yet, can i take any legal action to safeguard myself.

Answers (3)

You may lodge for against the accused. Criminal intimidation and threat ec ell have to be narratd and all details should be given with full names, address etc. This is the first step and ask the police about your fear of insufficient balance. Else you may get caveat

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

U have to filed complaint in the police station as soon as or filed acomplaint in ur bank. Where from cheque is issued regarding not to entertain the cheque no where u signed and complaint the police station against the said persons as soon as about what they done with u.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

You can file the FIR against the few people who have forced you to sign a blank cheque by force.
First step is to file FIR and once FIR registered then case will be started automatically against the culprits.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

I am Living at Bangalore, this is regarding a Cheque bounce case .Regarding this I was reported at Bangalore Electronic city police station on Decmber…

Read More

I hv given a heavy amount check to a I m not able to return this amount in 6 th coming month. He is noticing me by court. What to do. I hv los…

Read More

I want to send notice for Cheque bounce. How t o initiate for this notice? What are the charges for notice and case?? How much time it will take to re…

Read More

I've a current a/c in hdfc bank through which my car loan emi deducts. No emi cheque was bounced for 3 and 1/2 yrs, but from last 3 months my emi …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue