Person gave me a big cheque and cheated me. What can I do?

ONE PERSON CHEATED ME AND GAVE CH FR RS 65 LACS i have evidence he has taken 3 lacs and in his wife account i deposited 20 lacs rest withdrawl evidence is with me i filed case us 138 whats my position

Answers (1)

224 votes
Under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act you have to give a legal notice to defaulter within 15 days of dishonour of cheque to make payment within 15 days from receipt of legal notice . Still if default continues you can file criminal cae against defaulter in the court of law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles