No progress in cheque bounce case what action can I take

A cheque bounce & Cheating case has been lodged before the District Magistrate under section 138 since October,2015.As progress is nil till date ,I want to lodge FIR .Is it possible or not ?

Answers (1)

270 votes
A cheque bounce case is a criminal offence and the offender will be prosecuted accordingly by the court having jurisdiction.
To recover the amount you can file a recovery suit under order 37 of CPC. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I read everywhere that cheque bounce notices have to be sent within a month of dishonor. The person who issued me a cheque which got bounced due to in…

Read More

A person had given me cheque pf rs 2 lakh as a friendly loan and for that he had taken rs.5000 from me as a processing fees, now he is telling me dont…

Read More

Hi, I was working in UAE for more than 4 years and have recently been terminated from my company ..I had a personal loan and credit card which sums up…

Read More

I have deposited a cheque which has bounced recently. The payer keeps on responding he will make the payment saying one or two days later and I person…

Read More