Legal query regarding check bounce on home loan

I availed a home loan and have been unable to repay owing to my financial condition as well as the builder not providing me with either the possession or monthly rental income that was promised. Now the bank furnished one of my post dated checks that I gave while applying for loan which was returned due to insufficient funds. I can repay the loan, what are my options

Answers (4)

Bank have a cause of action against you, so can file a suit against you . At the time of pleading You can clarify with sufficient cause that why you are not able to pay and you can also raise the issue- between you and builder as a reason.
you may also sue the builder for specific performance + mesne profit or as per RERA also.

Good Luck!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

As per NI act u have to pay the cheque amount as you have issued for consideration and repaying the loan
But as far builder concerns you should file a suit for your grievances before concern court for proper relief

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Dear client,

If you are able to repay the loan then go bank and discuss to pay off liability.

Otherside if bank has file case against you under N.I. Act then wait till summons received and at first date you appear before court with advocate to settle the worry.
Regards Brajesh Sharma

See you take legal action against the builder at the first instance and you can defend yourself before the court with some cogent reasons about the security cheque used by the bank or you can delay the payment of the bank.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

Bank cleared a forged cheque. Can i hold bank responsible? Friend took blank cheque and forged my sign and bank cleared it.…

Read More

Hi Due to some bad investment I an unable to pay personal loan EMIS- taken from NBFC and Banks, the montly outgoing EMI s are 2lakh and above but my …

Read More

What are affects of new cheque bounce rules of the bill ,which is recently passed by the parliament…

Read More

My CA got my company a loan from some unknown person for amount 2.50lacs.Since he was unknown so I paid this money to CA in some account or some ca…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue