Legal defense to be taken if cheque gets dishonoured

My dad went with an agreement to make plots with a business man,we have our own land where we made lot of things in favour of the business man such as getting valid papers ,cleaning and marking of the entire land clean and tidy.The agreement stated the business man has to pay 18lac but he failed to do so we received 7 lac as an advance.We came into his words we never made a point in the agreement as of interest return what so ever happen.He vanished for 6 months with our pass books.We received notices from him with an interest on it saying your check has been dishonored .Well Dad said to stop the check and I did that online .Recently we received a someone from court as my dad is suffering from tongue cancer too aggressive and we spend most of the money on treatment what are my chances to fight or what so ever.What legal steps should be taken?

Answers (2)

Dear Client,
Don`t worry. Consult expert advocate. He will give suitable advise. Without any legally subsisting debt, your father not be held liable for offence. If any summons received from court by your father, he must attend the court. Engage an expert advocate for defend your case. You must assist your father for answering the queries put by court. No need to worry. Project the case with valid defense. Choose an expert advocate, who deals in cases under Negotiable Instruments Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Sir,

The fact has to be known as to why your father issued a cheque to the businessman? Did your father issued the said cheque as part of the payment terms under agreement and the same is mentioned in the agreement? The agreement as well as the notice your father received from the businessman have to be perused to render proper advice. Contact a lawyer and take his help.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

Sir, my friend  had a cheque bounce case for INR 10 Lakh, the first court asked to pay 11 Lakh + one year imprisonment. he  approached the h…

Read More

There was one one cheque bounce case against me. Case was registered. But the other party and i both resolved the issue before first hearing. He gave …

Read More

Sir/Mam Hi, In 2011 I gave my cheque As Security during statement between two parties in civil case (compromise) and it was written on the back of che…

Read More

Money loaned in cash(more than 10 lakh in division) to help someone close relative. Now it's been 2 1/2yrs, just promising n fooling delaying repa…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue