How to safeguard my interest in a false cheque bounce case

I was having rented shop dealing in fabric. Before demonitization I took fabric from one company... Due to disturbed business I could not pay him. Last year in February he took11 cheques worth 10 thousand each without date from me As my intention was to pay him. Due to business crisis i couldn't pay him. Last year in March he deposited all cheques together which were dishonour due to insufficient funds. He sent Legal notice on which i didn't reply.....due to loses in business i left the rented shop last month, now i don't have a shop, Now after year i got call from police station that they have summon against me.... What can be done now

PL note that you have supposed to give reply to the legal notice, which you have not done. Now you have to appear before concerned court. As criminal case of cheque bounching case must have been filed against you. You have to engage an advocate and on first day file appln for bail as it is a criminal case.

you will have to appear before the court and defend yourself. do not take the summons lightly. non-appearance would lead to issuance of a warrant. you require legal assistance . things can still be handled.