How to safeguard my interest in a false cheque bounce case

I was having rented shop dealing in fabric. Before demonitization I took fabric from one company... Due to disturbed business I could not pay him. Last year in February he took11 cheques worth 10 thousand each without date from me As my intention was to pay him. Due to business crisis i couldn't pay him. Last year in March he deposited all cheques together which were dishonour due to insufficient funds. He sent Legal notice on which i didn't reply.....due to loses in business i left the rented shop last month, now i don't have a shop, Now after year i got call from police station that they have summon against me.... What can be done now

Answers (2)

199 votes

PL note that you have supposed to give reply to the legal notice, which you have not done. Now you have to appear before concerned court. As criminal case of cheque bounching case must have been filed against you. You have to engage an advocate and on first day file appln for bail as it is a criminal case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

324 votes

you will have to appear before the court and defend yourself. do not take the summons lightly. non-appearance would lead to issuance of a warrant. you require legal assistance . things can still be handled.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Please share the format for cheque bounce notice to be sent to builder whose refund cheque got bounced…

Read More

I have filed a case against the person for Cha bounce. Inspire of court issuing summons twice the person hasn't come to the court ever. I am surpr…

Read More

We purchased grocery for a marriage in 2012 and gave my grandfather's blank cheque for the purpose of security. And after that we paid the entire …

Read More

Hello. A investor made an agreement to invest in our event . we made agreement for the same. He has transferred only 15% of amount he agreed to invest…

Read More