How to defend cheque bounce case where payment already made in cash?

I have been falsely framed in a cheque bounce case for a payment that was made by me in cash long time ago. I had borrowed Rs. 15 Lacs from a friend in 2007 and has given him a blank cheque in lieu. I returned the money to him by cash in 2007 itself and took written acknowledgement for the same. He did not return the cheque saying he has misplaced it.


3 months ago I got a lawyer's legal notice for the cheque that my friend presented and it got bounced. Now I have a court summon for the same.


What should be my defense and how do I proceed?




You need to appear before the Court and seek time to file your evidence by way of affidavit whereby you need to ensure that you prove that the said debt has been repaid and the cheque in question is a security cheque which was to be returned.


As you stated that you have the acknowledgment receipt with you with respect to the debt repayment, therefore it can be easily proved that the debt has been repaid.


We suggest that you should engage an advocate to represent you and draft the evidence.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

When at one point of time the complainant is absent from court hearing under Sec 138 of N I Act case, P O had dropped the complaint. On an application…

Read More

i have a issued a chq of Rs.62000 for some purchase by a company with the promise to help me resale the product and if its cannot be sold within 6 mon…

Read More

I am residing in Bangalore city and i have been facing problem in cheque bounce case where i am the petitioner and the accused is from same city. I ha…

Read More

Iam working in railways as a class 4 employe.I have barrowed 3 lakhs from one of my coligue in 2014 .I have given blank cheque and promissory note at …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue