Full and final settlement cheque bounced. Co. closed. How to recover?

hi, I would like to know what's the success ratio on winning a chq bounce case and do cases in this matter take a long time to give a verdict. I am asking this as I have a salary chq (FnF) which i recieved after 6 months of leaving the company, now the chq has bounced as he(owner) has closed the bank account and the company too is shut. There are more 6-7 employees who were issued chq's and now are stranded. We all come from a middle class background. Kindly advise

Answers (1)

206 votes

Cheque bounces cases are disposed of relatively quickly now after the goverment issued the Negotiable Instruments Amendment Ordinance, 2015 which has clarified certain issues of jurisdiction.

If the salary was due to be paid to you then I see no reason why you would not win your case. The penalty amount in such cases can go up to twice the cheque amount.

Do note that in order to file a cheque bounce case you need to send out a demand notice within 30 days of the cheque having bounced. If the cheque amount is not paid to you within 15 days of the notice, you can approach the courts and file your case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles