quesDispute regarding cheque bounce and company

I am an engineer and basically doing research on fuels. A year back I came in contact with two people X &Y from Sonipat who offered to fund my research for the purpose of setting up an industry. Intially they promised Rs.10 lacs .They transferred Rs.5.5 Lacs from their personal account to my wife’s and brother account.

We also formed a company with me and Mr.X being the director with 40 and 60% shares respectively. Two months back they started asking me for the money and threatened me. I had also sent the machines to their factory. I have filed a case against them.However I had forgotten that they also had one of the blank cheques of the company signed by me with them. The bank account is operated jointly by me and Mr.X. Mr. X misused the cheque by making it bounce by showing a payment of Rs.21.5 lacs against one of his friends.

He also made himself one of the accused. Now a legal notice under Sec 138 of NI act has been served upon me and it has been alleged that a friendly loan had been given to us by the complainant while no transactions of this magnitude has been done. What am I supposed to do now?

  • ansThe case pertains to provision of section 415/406/120B of IPC, lodge case against them under the above mentioned section, you can also reply to that Legal Notice that no such loan was taken by your company and claim of amount can not be entertained.

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

If i miss hearing what will happen they filed under 138sec. I signed a bond
We filed 4 cheque bounce cases against the same person since June 2016. I live…
What happened if i m not able to present in court on first date of…
Hello sir/madem, r from BILASPUR,my cheque 3,50,000rs is bounce on 14/07/2014,and the person is case…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly