×

quesCompany promised to pay after their cheque bounced. No reply. Option?

I worked in a BPO company in Gurgaon in 2012, and I resigned in August 2012, after serving 1 month notice period. Cheque issued by company for my salary for the month of July 2012 (Rs. 30000) was dishonored by the bank, and I haven't received my wages for final 9 days of Aug 2012 as well.

My company asked me to courier the dishonored cheque and assured me that my money will be credited in a bank account of my choice. I am still waiting, and no one is available in the office to clear it.

Please help.

Expert Legal Advice:

We suggest that you should not return the cheque to your company. Instead, you may file a cheque bounce case against the company under section 138 NI Act. The company has committed a Criminal offense and you will get the amount back.

We can even seek damages to the tune of double or near to double the amount of the cheque that has been dishonoured.

Further, you can also file a petition in the Labour court and get the appropriate compensation.

• Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only