Cheques given for security purpose deposited in bank bounces

I submitted 2 cheques with Mr Ali as security and signed an agreement in police station stating that the cheques are for security purpose only but Mr Ali submitted the cheques and filed a case against me even though i paid Rs 40000 so far and I was about to pay more. Need guidance in what should i do next

You can face imprisonment for two years and a heavy fine as your cheques got bounced . Before giving any cheque to someone whether it is for security reason then you should have sufficient balance in your account.

If you have the copy of the agreement and recipt of rs. 40,000/-. You can contest the case. You can file replication under Section 145(2) NI Act. At the time of notice all these things to be recorded in the Court.