Cheque dishonoured but have no direct liability

I had given a cheque to my mother's brother. My father and he had some business transactions way back in 1992. For one OTS is that business for bank I had given a cheque to him with a simple note that this is for Its of the bank. He has put a case against me. Will it stand?

When has he presented the cheque. what case is going on against you 138 or a recovery suit. Kindly clarify these facts. if he has filed a case against you then you need to defend yourself stating that the cheque given by you was not to be presented.