quesCheque bounced. Money given. Can he still file a case against me?

I have given a cheque of Rs 3.5 Lacs to one of the person. It is rejected due to my signature mismatch and I stopped the cheque request and I did the transfer 3.5 Lakh funds to the person through net banking. I have not taken the cheque back from the person and he is not ready to return my cheque back to me.


Will I face any problem due to this? Can that person file a case against me with the bad cheque?


  • ans


    The holder of the cheque can file a case against you under the provision of Section-138 of Negotiable Instruments Act. He will send you a legal notice before initiating criminal action.


    You can then decide to reply to the legal notice accordingly, mentioning that no liability exists against the given cheque as the amount in question has been paid by an alternate payment mode. You may also attach proof of net banking transaction with your reply.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

There are mettar when notice given in time and payment made in time but no…
I am from haryana doing job in jammu. A party gave me check of 35000…

this case is filed on 2012, we friends started buisness in partnership ,and i give…

I issued cheques to father in law for a sum of 3,00,000 rupees as a…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly