Cheque bounce case as company in Jaipur but cheque bounced in delhi

A cheque given to me by a company in Jaipur has bounced in Delhi. The transaction is related to return of money given on interest basis by me to the company.I have initiated case under S138 NI Act with Delhi Courts. I am looking forward to file criminal complaint / FIR with the police under 420/406 of IPC. Where is the jurisdiction to file the FIR. Will it be delhi where the cheque has bounced or Jaipur where the company has registered office or Gurgoan ? I currently stay in Gurgaon.

Answers (1)

344 votes

Complaint case will be filed at the place where the offence has taken place.
If you had gone to Jaipur and signed an agreement, then the complaint will be filed in Jaipur.
If some official of the Company had come to your place at Gurgaon (Gurugram), then the Complaint will be filed at the Police Station having jurisdiction in Gurgaon.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles