Cheque bounce case against father in law.

I issued cheques to father in law for a sum of 3,00,000 rupees as a gurante for the chit 2 years ago with out mentioning any date after that i paid back the whole amount as monthly installments for the chit during this period because of some family issues we were not talking to each other and now they are thretaing me to file a case against me by producing the cheques to the bank.

Please help me in this regard how can i get rid of this problem will requesting the bank for stop cheque payment will help or if they produce the same on bank and if they got bounced what will be the consequenses and what should i do i am already in a lot of financial trouble and this problem is causing me a life and death situation.Please suggest me what should i do?

Answers (1)

475 votes
How was the amount paid by you? Was it by a cheque or in cash? Have you kept a legally valid receipt if the amount was paid in cash? Did you enter into an agreement when you paid back the money to your father-in-law? If the answer to all these questions is no then he can certainly file a case for cheque bounce against you. If and when he files it you should defend yourself in court.

Stop payment instructions will only compound your legal misery. Contest the case on merits if he files it.

Get legal details about cheque bounce charges along with a list of dos and don'ts in case of bounced cheques

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles