cheque and promissory note given. Now party might file recovery case

I have taken RS 1,10,000 in march 2015 from my friend for which i have promised with in 2 months. I have to get my bill payments but dut to some problem it has got delayed. Under their pressure i have signed blank secured promissory note, and issue cheque of RS 1lac. That cheque has bounced. My friend has send me notice, asking me to pay RS 1 lac of cheque amount of RS 5lac of promissory note. They have betrayed me and entered wrong amount in promissory note. If they file cheating case on me will be police arrest me immediately or i will get summon from the court. can they file Recovery suit

Answers (1)

119 votes

Your friend can file a criminal complaint under Section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act alongwith Section 420 Indian Penal Code.

Your friend can also file a summary suit under Order 37 of Civil Procedure Code 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles